2) Visit of CIO (based in NJ) did NOT bring massive organizational changes. Instead we had birthday cake (from Tucker's) and a fairly honest Q and A period about the changes in the company.
3) Tax returns were not in mailbox yesterday. Called tax guy. Was advised that since I am owed money, not getting it in the mail today was no big deal. Returns were in box when I got home, so I signed and stamped them and hauled myself off to the post office. First time I have filed on time in three years. Feel like I am getting closer to normal grown-up type functioning as a result.
4) Of course, since tax guy says he priority mailed it to me on Friday, I am wondering why the fuck it takes 4 full business days to priority mail within the state of California. WHAT.
5) Signed up for Facebook, so if you're there, give me a holler. (If you don't want to publicize your real name you can use my screened entry, or explain your LJ name in the "invite".)
6) Was unaware that my "twin cousin" (born 4 days after I was) is as much of a stone cold Jane Austen fan as I am. Obviously I have not been spending enough time with my family. Yes, I found this on FB.